Our scanning probe microscopes are using our fully digital C26 controller and our scan software ScanTool™.
There exist many add-ons to our instruments, depending on the type of desired measurement. One example is our FPGA based Lock-In combination device DiProWa, which supports various electrical measurements like Kelvin-Probe-Force-Microscopy (KFPM).
The DME lock-in amplifier DiProWa is a combination of the following components:
- Lock-In Amplifier with X/Y/Amplitude output
- 14 bit, 2 channel 40 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- Frequency generator with variable phase and nth harmonic generation
- Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) for optional control of the frequency generator
- Feedback system (PI controller)
- Digital Spectrum Analyzer
- Two inputs and two outputs
Both inputs are sampled with 14 bit high speed digital analog converters. All other functions are realized fully digitally (FPGA based). This results in a linearity unreached by conventional analog systems and allows arbitrary combining of the different functional groups without disadvantages in signal bandwidth and cross talk.
The user front end is realized in Java and runs on all suited operating systems as for example Windows / MAC / Linux etc. No drivers are needed, all communication runs via standard ethernet.
The following table gives an overview of the technical parameters: